John Wesley Powell said it best, “The wonders of the Grand Canyon cannot be adequately represented in symbols of speech, nor by speech itself.” My hope for you is that you will experience the best that the Grand Canyon has to offer.
For to many people (approximately 5 million) travel to The Grand Canyon each year only to miss her most spectacular viewpoints, hiking trails, art, history and culture. It is time to change that!
The Grand Canyon Planning Station is a dual faceted approach to help you experience the best of The Grand Canyon. Whether you are seeking the grandest viewpoints, the easiest or most difficult hiking trails, the art and history of The Grand Canyon, the Grand Canyon’s Native American Culture or just need help with the appropriate gear needed for your adventure…The Hike House can help.
Step 1: We take you through a “customizable template” that highlights:
- Over 25 viewpoints (Learn best viewpoints and crowd avoidance)
- Over 30 Grand Canyon Hiking Trails
- Easy, Moderate, Difficult Hiking Trails
- “Rim Hikes” & “Below Rim” Hikes
- Art & Cultural Galleries, Native American Sites and Geology
- Sunrise/Sunsets/Moon Phases- best vantage points and timing
- Event Calendar/Ranger Talk & Hikes/Weather Reports
- Maps, Guidebooks, Driving Directions and Lodging Options
- Hiking Preparedness- learn and know the appropriate gear that you will need while viewing/hiking The Grand Canyon
Step 2: Take a virtual tour of The Grand Canyon utilizing the latest in satellite technology.
We will “fly” you from The Hike House to the various viewpoints and hiking trails within The Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon Planning Resources:
Grand Canyon Planning Template (Overview of Points/Hikes/POI)
Grand Canyon Planning Template (Directions and Hiking Template)
Grand Canyon Weather
Sunrise, Sunset and Moon Phase Times
Ranger Talks and Hikes
Grand Canyon Schedule of Events
Grand Canyon Hiking Tips & Dangers