HOUSE OF APACHE FIRE - COYOTE RIDGE TRAIL
In 1947, Yavapai and Apache Indians from Camp Verde, along with local residents, built the House of Apache Fire, but the construction was never completed. The property, owned at the time by Jack and Helen Fry, was acquired by the state and is now part of Red Rock State Park. The house is built with thin, flat rocks and resembles a pueblo. It is perched high on a hill overlooking Oak Creek, the surrounding Redrock mountains, and Cathedral Rock. This hike loops around the house to magnificent views.